How do I update my social security number (SSN) in Banner?

Tags SSN

A request to change your social security number in the UNC Charlotte Banner System must be made in person at the appropriate office.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff, or student), federal regulations require employers to validate that each employee's social security number and name on record exactly matches the social security number and name which appear on the individual's social security card to ensure proper tax reporting. Thus, in order to change either your social security number or your name in your personnel or payroll records, you must present your social security card which reflects your correct social security number to the Human Resources Office in the King Building 2nd floor, Room 222. 

If you are a student and are not employed with the University, please bring your social security card to the Office of the Registrar in the King Building, 1st floor, Room 141.

If you have questions, then please do the following:
1) Students call the Office of the Registrar at 704-687-5505
2) Employees call Human Resources at 704-687-0669

For additional information on how to apply for, replace, correct, or change your name on your Social Security Card, click here

Print Article


Article ID: 1525
Wed 10/18/23 4:31 PM
Wed 1/17/24 3:28 PM