When can a travel advance be requested?

Some minor out-of-pocket expenses should be expected when traveling on state business.

  1. Travel advances are granted on an exception basis if needed, using a stand-alone form.
  2. Travel advances can only cover expected meals and mileage for the reasons listed below. All other expenses should be payable via a University p-card.
    1. Traveling for more than one week.
    2. Traveling outside of the U.S.
    3. Student trip/group travel.
    4. Unable to use personal funds.
  3. Minimizing travel advances reduces the need for multiple reviews before and after the trip for the same expense items.
  4. Links to all forms are on the Financial Services website.

Follow the Financial Services News feed for the latest travel and finance updates.

Email the Travel Office at travel@charlotte.edu to set up one-on-one or departmental training.

Print Article


Article ID: 2419
Fri 11/17/23 3:03 PM
Wed 12/20/23 3:18 PM